Are you ready for the easiest recipe in the world? No fancy food processor? No problem. This hummus recipe is one I adapted, originally from Inspired Taste. They used a food processor and I don't have one, so I improvised w my small stick mixer and it worked like a charm.
The ingredients are so few that it's almost laughable. Here they are:
1. With a stick mixer, mix tahini and lemon juice until a smooth puree. Ok, the tahini is already a smooth puree, but mixing it w the lemon juice is good as a 1st step.
2. Add minced garlic.
3. Slowly add the rinsed and drained chickpeas a few spoonfuls at a time*, mix in olive oil, cumin and salt (to taste) as you go.
4. Once it is well mixed and seasoned to your taste, spoon into serving dish. Top with extra olive oil and paprika.
5. Serve with toasted pita or chopped veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- paprika for serving
- toasted pita, chopped veggies (optional)
*Tip: This is something I learned from doing it the wrong way. It's so much easier to mix the chickpeas in a few at a time, rather than all at once. This keeps the consistency manageable and allows you to easily work the stick mixer.
Note: Feel free to add water to get a lighter, smoother consistency.
This recipe is perfect for parties and potlucks or for enjoying on your own. You can also spread it on a sandwich or in a whole pita with veggies and grilled Halloumi cheese... yum!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Do you have other ingredients you like to add to hummus? Or unique ways of eating it? Let me know in the comments below.
Did you try out this recipe? I'd love to see, tag me on IG @briana_goad or link back here in the comments. :)